TRAINING SCHOOL BUILDING or PRACTICE SCHOOL
This building formerly the MAIN or ACADEMIC BUILDING erected in 1912 was used as a Model Training School for prospective teachers in the two-year elementary teachers' course and four-year high school teachers' course beginning in 1928. Expert teachers had direct supervision over the work and the classes were supervised by critic teachers. The college had arranged to take students of elementary grades up to a minimum number of twenty for each grade in addition to its regular high school classes. This enable many students whose home elementary training was inadequate to attend the college and receive first-class preparatory training. The building afforded ample space for first-class practice teaching in kindergarten, elementary and high school subjects. The building was demolished by 1942.