From 1912 to the academic year 1947-48, the school's hospital rooms were housed in each dormitory. This facility erected Spring 1948 and devoted only to health care for students was a white one story frame structure located on the site of the QUEEN E WASHINGTON HEALTH SERVICE BUILDING stands. The HEALTH SERVICE BUILDING had two wards for the accommodation for six women and six male students; offices for the medical doctor and the dentist and facilities for limited treatment of students. From the beginning the HEALTH SERVICE BUILDING was staffed with a full-time registered nurse. The facility was remodeled in 1961 and demolished in 1967.