OTHER RECREATIONAL FACILITIES
Combined with local funds in November 1935, the federal government allocated $148,183 through the WPA (Works Progress Administration) to construct: Playground, 20 tennis courts, FIELD HOUSE and STADIUM (completed in 1937); grandstand for track, bleachers for baseball diamond, outdoor swimming pool (completed 1938 behind ADMINISTRATION AND HEALTH BUILDING). Artificial lakes stacked with native fishes, frogs and other aquatic animals were create. One lake was available for canoeing and swimming. Facilities in the area was available for picnics and other kinds of entertainment.