THE HOME ECONOMICS BUILDING
This building when erected in 1921 was the newest building on campus and called the WOMEN'S INDUSTRIAL BUILDING. It was sandwiched between old WILSON HALL (demolished 1967) and the MAIN OR ACADEMIC BUILDING, (demolished 1967) that is on the north campus immediately west of HANKAL HALL. The main floor contained the college cafeteria, which accommodated comfortably 600 persons at one time and a teacher's dining room for 75. The second floor contained theory and practice rooms for work in art, Home Economics, beauty culture, and the commercial department. The basement contained storerooms, laundry, the milk room, and the kitchen. From 1933-1966 the building was called the RECREATION HALL since its first floor had been converted for recreational activities for students, and the second floor for faculty apartments. It was demolished in 1967.