(left to right) Dr. William L. Crump, Lewis Ross Holland (For whom the building is named), Dr. Mary Clay Torian, Dr. Louis Schuster, Dr. R. Grann Lloyd, Dr. Cecille E. Crump (Present Assistant Dean of the Lewis Ross Holland School of Business)
This building located on
the southwest campus contained after it was erected in 1977 classrooms, lecture halls, faculty offices, the Office of the Dean of
the School of Business and the main office of the departments of Business Administration and
Business Education. On October 27, 1978, the building was dedicated. Following the merger
of UT-Nashville and Tennessee State University in 1979, the School of Business was moved
to the Downtown Campus --- AVON WILLIAMS CAMPUS.
LEWIS R. HOLLAND
Lewis R. Holland came to Tennessee State University in December 1942 where he began teaching courses in the Department of Business. During his early tenure he became the principal organizer of the Department of Business Administration and was made head of the department in 1949. Holland also helped to organize the Tennessee State University Employees Federal credit Union in 1951 where he served as vice-president and then president. Mr. Holland continued to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of the Credit Union after his retirement from the University in 1972.