When erected in 1941 the three-story, red-brick building was named the FACULTY MEN'S RESIDENCE HALL & dedicated November 5, 1942. In 1945-46 the name was changed to ALUMNI BUILDING and provided accommodations for faculty families and guestrooms for Alumni and official visitors to the University. During the late 1960s the building housed the Office of Personnel, veteran Affairs, Purchasing and Business Service until spring 1987. Alumni Relations Office moved into the building in 1984 and remained a tenant until Fall, 1988. The building was demolished in December, 1988 and in 1992 the OTIS L. FLOYD AND JOSEPH A. PAYNE CAMPUS CENTER was erected on its site.